Fruit and Veg Box
The complete library for the grow-your-own gardener and cook, Fruit and Veg Box features inspiring ideas for turning pots and window boxes into mini-gardens, step-by-step advice on sowing, nurturing and harvesting, and more than 100 seasonal recipes for home-grown treats and feasts.
- Publish Date
- April 2017
Bursting with step-by-step photography, foolproof growing advice, plant portraits and finished recipes, Fruit and Veg Box is a beautiful gift box collection that takes you from planting and picking to plating-up and preserving with three expert growing guides:
Step-by-Step Veg Patch
- Understand, in detail, how to plant and nurture over 60 different vegetables, fruits, and herbs
- Follow clear photographic advice on all the essentials, from preparing your plot to picking your produce
- Decide what to grow and how to ensure that you have a good selection – even in a small space
- Discover the reliable fruit and vegetable varieties that taste superb and crop well
Veg Patch Cookboo
- Cook your way through the growing year with this bumper crop of over 100 seasonal recipes
- Eat with variety – recipes for soups, salads, side dishes, mains, and desserts, to bring out the best from your garden
- Deal with a glut – ideas for preserving the harvest, including chutneys, jams, jellies, pickles, and bottled fruit and veg
- Keep it fresh – tips on when to pick each crop in its prime, how best to store or eat fresh, and options for freezing
Other titles you should consider ...
Michael Morrison & Lisa Clausen
David Suzuki & Ian Hanington
David George Haskell
Not all products are available in all stores.